Powered by Nexenta’s incredible Nexentastor ZFS file system implementation, the Petarack can be configured under a single Namespace/Volume that doesn’t have to stop at its own petabyte of included storage. The Petarack’s host capacity can be scaled to over 5 petabytes of continuous, uninterrupted storage in a single Namespace/Volume.
The Petarack’s intuitive web based GUI management is employed for both configuring the array(s), and for the control of a wealth of enterprise level software features. These features include, but are not limited to, unlimited snapshots and clones, block level replication, file level replication and management of virtualized storage.
The Petarack is Cloud ready and Virtualization ready with features such as 128 bit addressing, huge > storage file sizes, nearly unlimited clones and support for multiple, concurrent server virtualization vendors. Virtualization enables thin provisioning, while improving performance via I/O pooling, which actually improves performance as more storage is added. I/O performance can be further enhanced through the strategic deployment of optional, fast SSD drives in hybrid storage pools.
“Make no mistake about it, our Petarack is a revolutionary, innovate design delivering massive amounts of self-contained SAN storage at a price point that quite frankly, we strongly believe will make the entire community sit up and take notice,” said Aberdeen president and CEO, Moshe Ovadya, who went on to say, “The Petarack takes the petabyte plus level of storage, and instantly makes it available to, and affordable by, small and medium size organizations that never believed it would be within their reach."
|COMPONENTS||Dual 2U High Availability Head Units|
8 x 4U Dual Expander JBODs
Industry Standard APC Rackmount Cabinet
LCD/KVM Control Panel
|CAPACITY||1080TB or Raw Storage|
(over one Petabyte)
|MAX RAID VOLUME|
|ZFS supports unlimited single volume capacity|
(limited only by amount of storage present)
|Stripe, Mirror, RAID-Z1 (Single parity), RAID-(Z2) (Double parity)|
|OPERATING SYSTEM||Enterprise-Class NexentaStor 3 ZFS Platform|
OpenSolaris kernel with the GNU/Debian user interface
|HEAD UNIT PROCESSOR||Dual Intel Xeon processor X5670|
|MEMORY||48GB Per Head Unit|
Up to 192GB ECC Registered DDR3 Supported
|REDUNDANCY||Redundant Head Units|
Redundant Power Supplies
Dual Ported, Dual Expanders, fully HA Ready
|STORAGE IO||Dual 10GbE iSCSI Ethernet Built-in|
Fibre Channel Target Optional
- A full petabyte of storage (1080TB) in a single rack, under a single namespace or volume
- 360 x 3TB Enterprise SAS drives
- Enterprise level iSCSI target built-in; fibre channel target ready
- High availability with no single point of failure
- Dual Head units, dual expander JBODs, redundant power supplies and fans on each unit
- Each head unit comes with Dual Xeon Processors and 48 GB Memory by default.
- Memory is upgradeable to 192GB on each unit
- Dual 10GbE iSCSI Ethernet Ready
- Cloud and virtualization ready
- ZFS file system based, delivering fast, secure storage with unlimited scalability
- Self healing and silent Data corruption healing capabilities
- Unlimited snapshots and clones
- Thin Provisioning
- Integrated Search function
- Both block based and file based replication
- Intuitive web based GUI management with included LCD-KVM
- Dedicated write log and Read SSD Cache options to speed up NFS
- Dedicated IPMI ports for head units for direct hardware management and monitoring access
- Powerful, redundant head units, each with 5 open expansion slots
- All hard drives are in individual hot swap bays with in-rack access
- 5U of rack space available for optional switches, a UPS, or another 135TB of storage
- UPS connection is strongly recommended; or check your Datacenter for power redundancy options
- Requires 7 Kilowatts of power when fully running
- Nexenta certified, VMware certification pending
- Onsite installation
- Can be scaled to multiple Petabytes by additional racks
High Availability Cluster Plugin (Included in Petarack)
The HA Cluster plugin enables two AberSAN instances to be configured as an active / active pair. When installed and configured, each instance of AberSAN is able to perform all regular functions while at the same time the Plugin provides high availability for shared storage accessible from both appliances. The storage jointly managed via HA Cluster is configured as shared storage. You can also establish RAID and replication policies to protect the data itself in a number of ways with the aid of the software.
VM DataCenter (VMDC)
The VM DataCenter application dramatically simplifies the experience of storage and system administrators in setting storage polices for their virtual environments and in performing common tasks such as stopping and starting VMs and performing template based clones as well. It is easily installed using standard system utilities. It provides a user interface that discovers all ESX or Xen servers and all Virtual Machines (VMs) on the servers. Users can establish replication policies for each VM and can perform common VM management tasks such as stopping and starting VMs. Also, the AberSAN with VMDC can be used for cloning via the 'template' functionality of VMDC to dramatically accelerate provisioning of identical VMs.
Delorean Plugin (Advanced Backup Utility for Windows)
Delorean is a high-powered Windows Backup, Restore and Search tool, with multiple advanced capabilities.
With Delorean you can extend the power of the AberSAN right to the your end users' computers, ensuring that your company's data residing on client machines, as well as servers, is protected. Delorean consists of a client -- that runs on end user Windows machines -- and a Plugin that adds capabilities to the AberSAN. End-users can select what local files and folders they want to protect via a built-in File Explorer interface. Delorean supports Windows VSS, combined backup + snapshot capability, and any backup schedule.
Cross-Platform Multi-Host SAN Target Sharing Support
metaSAN is a high-speed file sharing Storage Area Network (SAN) management software that sets new standards for cross-platform workgroup collaboration. metaSAN enables multiple users to share access to common data files in workgroups where heavy bandwidth requirements are the norm. With metaSAN, film and video editors, digital artists, healthcare specialists, and corporate users can simultaneously access a common pool of data files such as video clips, databases, satellite imagery, medical archives, or CAD files - as easily and transparently as if the content was stored on their local drive.